Careers < Business Planner (Manufacturing)
Sequel is re-engineering life's essential products - starting with your tampon. Founded by two Stanford engineers and athletes, Sequel relies on fluid mechanics to finally give women the leak-free menstrual experience they need to perform at their best in the boardroom, the stadium, and beyond.
We believe that women are never truly prepared for their most critical moments when their products are not up to the standards that they should be. For modern active women who are breaking barriers and shattering glass ceilings today, the current selection of women’s health products are leaky tampons or bulky liners and do not measure up to their standards.
We are looking for a business planner with a background in consumer goods, ideally in the health and wellness space.
The ideal candidate has 5-10 years working in the medical device space. An individual who would excel in this role would be a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth, results-oriented environment.
The business planner will be a critical component to our product success and will be a main point of contact with our manufacturing partners as well as connect and own the business continuity plan..
Supply Chain Health
- Own the communication with our manufacturing partner surrounding our supply chain and stability
- Work with regulatory and engineering on any sourcing or supply chain issues
- Provide clear forecasts that help us understand the reality of our manufacturing ability
- Partner with our inventory team to help guide performance and identify solutions to any potential issues
- Ensure consistency across manufacturing, sourcing, and inventory
- Create and implement a business continuity plan
- Create a process and procedure to ensure inventory accuracy
- Research and identify needed apps or third party tools to optimize the manufacturing and inventory process
- Integrate any cost or product improvements to our forecasts as you work with our manufacturing partner
Create accurate demand forecasts that will help our business understand the health and reality of our goals
- Create product and inventory forecasts
- Work with partners and finance to ensure forecast reflect business model needs
- Ensure forecasts take into account manufacturing requirements and realities
Consistently communicate with our manufacturing partners to understand manufacturing realities
- Work with our manufacturing partner to better understand sourcing realities and build adequate contingency plans for any vulnerabilities
- Work with our manufacturing partners to manage a cost improvement plan and product improvement plan
- Provide forecasting and realities to manufacturing so they understand our goal and mission
Track and own the health of our supply chain to inform business goals and strategy
- Report back to leadership manufacturing expectations
- Work with Inventory Manager to track performance to forecast
- Share and lead forecasting with relevant departments and team members
- Forecasting and inventory modeling abilities
- Past experience working with inventory management
- Past experience with cost and product improvement plans and the ability to tie those realities into forecasting
- Past experience and relationships with manufacturers
- Past experience and relationships with different sourcing partners
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements for medical products
- Amazing communication skills
- Ability to stay organized across multiple time zones
- Coordinate internal needs with manufacturer realities
- Track product performance, customer satisfaction, and inventory performance
Please submit your application here. Include a profile, availability, hourly rate and references.