Careers < Production Manager
Sequel is re-engineering life's essential products - starting with your tampon. Founded by two Stanford engineers and athletes, Sequel relies on fluid mechanics to finally give women the leak-free menstrual experience they need to perform at their best in the boardroom, the stadium, and beyond.
We believe that women are never truly prepared for their most critical moments when their products are not up to the standards that they should be. For modern active women who are breaking barriers and shattering glass ceilings today, the current selection of women’s health products are leaky tampons or bulky liners and do not measure up to their standards.
We are looking for a Production Manager that has previous experience with medical devices and regulatory.
The ideal candidate has experience working in a highly regulated environment, such as medical devices, aerospace, etc. An individual who would excel in this role would be a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth, results-oriented environment.
The Product Manager will lead the production of our medical device. This will include implementing systems and processes to drive service, quality, and cost improvements that will increase our manufacturing performance to oversee our shift to automated manufacturing and all design transfer activities. This individual will provide input to our cross-functional team, including members with expertise from all areas involved in product development and commercialization. The Production Manager will plan, direct, and coordinate the manufacturing activities for our growing company.
Experience with a QMS is required.
- Manage daily manufacturing operations of active medical devices.
- Work with product development and marketing/business planning to ensure on-time delivery with quality & quantity.
- Oversee inventory and production management.
- Maintain a production schedule for the current device and new product lines.
- Manage material lifecycle including sourcing replacement materials and components.
- Supervises and coordinates production activities and resourcing.
- Organizes, plans, sets up, and maintains production lines for manual production.
- Troubleshoot problems for testing and during assembly operations.
- Studies and records time, motion, method, and speeds involved in performing production, maintenance, clerical, and other worker operations in order to establish standard production rates and improve efficiency.
- Oversees the training of production employees for manufacturing operating procedures.
- Reviews engineering designs for manufacturing feasibility and recommend design changes that will enhance production and eliminate variation
- Improves and streamlines processes by eliminating waste using value engineering, cost-saving ideas, and root cause analysis for any non-conformance
- Ensure products adhere to company and industry quality standards.
- Work together with relevant teams and departments to implement and improve products.
- Degree in Manufacturing, Engineering, or Business Administration
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in a medical manufacturing environment
- Strong self-drive and well organized with a problem-solving mentality
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Employee supervision experience preferred
- Collaborative and can interface with all levels of employees in order to solve technical problems
- Experience with analytical and reporting tools (MS Excel, etc.)
Please submit your application here. Include a profile, availability, hourly rate and references.